Cinco De Mayo
“Above Standard Guac…amole!”
3 Avocados- Peeled, Pitted and Mashed
1 Teaspoon salt
½ Cup diced onion
½ Teaspoon ground cumin
3 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
1 Teaspoon minced garlic
1 Pinch ground cayenne pepper or ½ Teaspoon minced Serrano chili
- In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Mix in cumin, onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. Stir in cayenne pepper or Serrano chili. Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.
- GRAB TORTILLA CHIPS AND ENJOY!
Take a picture of your finished Guac and tag ASCC at @AboveStandardCC with the caption “Above Standard Guac…amole!” Once complete you get $5 off your next service !
“Above Standard Tipsy Strawberry Margarita!”
1 pound (16 ounces) fresh strawberries
1 cup Good Tequila
⅔ cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
⅓ – ½ cup honey or agave, more/less to taste
¼ cup La Belle and/ or Triple Sec
Homemade Simple Syrup
- Start by making the simple syrup if you don’t have any on hand. Mix 7 ounces of sugar with 7 ounces of water. Cook or microwave until the sugar has dissolved. You should have about 9-10 ounces so there will be a little extra for rimming the glasses
- Add strawberries, tequila, lime juice, honey, and orange liqueur to a blender. Pulse until completely smooth. Let the mixture rest for about 3 minutes, then skim off the foam on top. Taste, and add extra tequila or sweetener if desired.
- Pour the remaining simple syrup in a shallow dish. Pour sea salt in a second shallow dish. Then dip the glass rims in simple syrup, followed by sea salt.
- Garnish the glasses with sliced limes or oranges and serve
Take a picture of your finished margarita and tag ASCC @AboveStandardCC with the caption “Above Standard Margarita!” Once complete you get $5 off your next service !